Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Missed Meditative Monday: One Week trial

I'm trying to eat better in hopes of getting more of my PCOS symptoms in check. 


I'm really having a hard time going dairy free. The milk substitute has been going pretty well. I've began making my own coconut milk. (Note: if you are buying pre-made milk substitutes make sure it does not contain carageenan.) Butter is mostly easy to substitute with coconut oil (although I'm still reluctant to part with butter due to it's array of benefits!). It's the cheese that I'm not currently ready to let go of. It is mostly for cooking purposes. Pizza, mac&cheese, etc. 

I want to try to go a week without dairy, see if I notice any difference. ‎If I successfully manage it, I'll report back next week. 

I've began increasing turmeric in my diet (looking for a recipe with turmeric, try last week's Toothy Thursday's Vegetarian Korma). Other than in food, I've also been enjoying it as a beverage (tune in this Thursday for the Turmeric Tea recipe that I've been enjoying). If you are having vegetable juice or smoothies, feel free to add turmeric (fresh or powder). Another easy source of turmeric is mustard.

I was hoping to have more research done about inflammation but I don't have enough for a full information release. I'll keep you posted as I uncover more. 

There will be one extra post this week and it is part of the cathartic mental/emotional release. It is very important to make sure that we are not only eating good food but also that we are taking good care of our mental/emotional health. 

Wishing you all the best in health!

No comments: