I was talking with my mom this week and I discovered that she had thought MacaHarmony had "cured" or perhaps perfectly treated all aspects of my PCOS.
I wish that were the case.
I still find my weight unbudging regardless of activity and while I've seen a slight improvement in hirsutism, it hasn't completely eradicated it. And my cycle is still not completely regular but definitely improved.
I still find my weight unbudging regardless of activity and while I've seen a slight improvement in hirsutism, it hasn't completely eradicated it. And my cycle is still not completely regular but definitely improved.
In my previous post about Vitamin D, I quickly referenced that there might be a link between vitamin D deficiency and PCOS. As with many symptoms of PCOS the question of "is it the cause or the symptom" is relevant. This is no exception: inflammation.
While it is hard to figure out if it's the cause or a symptom, it doesn't hurt to be aware of it and treat it. There are many inflammatory and anti-inflammatory foods. Understanding which ones are which can help you eat better and be healthier.
The concept of a connection between PCOS and inflammation was first brought to my attention by a post where someone claimed to have "cured" their PCOS using turmeric pills. Now I love cooking with turmeric, I knew it was anti-inflammatory but up until that point I hadn't considered using it for my PCOS. I'm not taking turmeric pills just yet. I need to do further research but that post brought to my awareness this important aspect. If you have tried turmeric, please share your experience in the comments below.
The biggest culprit that I know I need to cut out of my diet and see if there's an improvement is dairy. I can do without milk (there are enough alternatives to choose from). I could maybe do without cheese (I'm finding this one harder for certain dishes). But butter! That's the hardest yet. I can use coconut oil for most things, but too many things NEED butter. So I might lose all except butter. We'll see.
I'll try and post a list of inflammatory and anti-inflammatory foods in the near future. For now, I hope this post planted the seed for being conscious of how foods are affecting you.
No comments:
Post a Comment