While on Meditative Monday I discussed cutting dairy, it's rather ironic that this dish has both cheese and milk!
But not everyone reading this is battling with PCOS. And besides, I like to indulge once in a while.
But not everyone reading this is battling with PCOS. And besides, I like to indulge once in a while.
What first drew me to this recipe is it's use of oat flakes instead of bread crumbs or crackers. So it's slightly healthier ;)
Here's the original recipe: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/mini-meatloaves/
Ingredients
1 egg
3/4 cup of milk
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 quick cooking oats
1 tsp of salt
1 lb ground beef
2/3 cup of ketchup
1/4 packed brown sugar (I used coconut sugar)
1 1/2 tsps of prepared mustard
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- In a large bowl mix egg, milk and oats. Let soak for several minutes.
- Mix in cheddar.
- Thoroughly mix in beef.
- Place in a lightly greased muffin/cupcake tray (should make 6-8).
- In a separate bowl mix ketchup, sugar and mustard.
- Spread mixture on top of your meatloaf cupcakes.
- Bake for 45min.
Enjoy!
Wishing you all the best in health.

No comments:
Post a Comment