It happens sometimes that I forget to defrost some meat or chicken. Or I'm just tired and/or bored of eating the same protien. Or I get a craving for a turmeric enhanced dish. Often this Vegetarian Korma is my go to dinner plan. It's simple, delicious and nutritious.
There are two ingredients that I make my own: curry powder (if possible, use fresh turmeric) and coconut milk (my choice of substitution for heavy cream). I have made a few adjustments to this dish and here's my modified recipe:
1 1/2 tbsp vegetable oil (I use coconut)
1 small onion
1 tsp minced fresh ginger root
4 cloves of garlic
2 potatoes, cubed (preferably Yukon)
4 carrots, cubed
1 fresh jalapeño pepper, seeded and sliced
4 tbsp ground unsalted cashews
4oz tomato sauce
2 tsps salt
1 1/2 tbsps curry powder (premade or refer to aforementioned link for recipe)
1 cup frozen green peas
1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
1 cup coconut milk
1 bunch fresh cilantro for garnish (optional)
Heat oil in skillet over medium heat.
Stir in the onion, and cook until tender.
Mix in ginger, garlic and curry powder, and continue cooking 1 min.
Mix potatoes, carrots, jalapeño, cashews, and tomato sauce.
Season with salt.
Cook and stir for 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender (I find that depending on the kind of potatoes used it could be anywhere from 10-30min).
Stir peas, green bell pepper, red bell pepper, and coconut milk into the skillet.
Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 10 min.
Garnish with cilantro to serve (optional).
This is a great anti-inflammatory dish. Enjoy!
Wishing you all the best in health.
No comments:
Post a Comment