sal·ad
[sal-uh
d]
Any dish of cold vegetable or fruit
A while back I tried a very delicious broccoli salad. I fell in love and had to make it for myself. I've made it in a variety of ways by substituting some of the ingredients. I would like to think that this salad would even be tasty to the non-broccoli-eating picky eaters. It is simple with minimal ingredients but nutritionally it packs a punch.
Simply delicious broccoli salad
Ingredients
5 cups of broccoli (florets and if you like stem; make sure they are bite size)
1 tablespoon of vinegar
1/4 cup of yogurt (I like mine creamy so sometimes I put more. I'd recommend organic, you can use
Greek yogurt or any of the vegan yogurt replacement, such as coconut yogurt)
2 tablespoons of sunflower seeds (I'd recommend raw, you can replace other nuts or seeds, I've
enjoyed it with some almond slivers)
1/4 cup of raisins (you can replace with your preference of dried fruit, I've made it with dried
cranberries and I plan on trying [diced small] dates next)
I also like adding a tablespoon of oil, such as hemp oil to add the omegas too.
Simply mix and enjoy!
I find that the yogurt mutes the metallic taste of the broccoli and the hint of sweetnes from the raisins balances the flavours while making it into a sweet treat.
[sal-uh
Any dish of cold vegetable or fruit
A while back I tried a very delicious broccoli salad. I fell in love and had to make it for myself. I've made it in a variety of ways by substituting some of the ingredients. I would like to think that this salad would even be tasty to the non-broccoli-eating picky eaters. It is simple with minimal ingredients but nutritionally it packs a punch.
Simply delicious broccoli salad
Ingredients
5 cups of broccoli (florets and if you like stem; make sure they are bite size)
1 tablespoon of vinegar
1/4 cup of yogurt (I like mine creamy so sometimes I put more. I'd recommend organic, you can use
Greek yogurt or any of the vegan yogurt replacement, such as coconut yogurt)
2 tablespoons of sunflower seeds (I'd recommend raw, you can replace other nuts or seeds, I've
enjoyed it with some almond slivers)
1/4 cup of raisins (you can replace with your preference of dried fruit, I've made it with dried
cranberries and I plan on trying [diced small] dates next)
I also like adding a tablespoon of oil, such as hemp oil to add the omegas too.
Simply mix and enjoy!
I find that the yogurt mutes the metallic taste of the broccoli and the hint of sweetnes from the raisins balances the flavours while making it into a sweet treat.
No comments:
Post a Comment