in•spire
[in-spahyuh r]
to influence or impel
I've just finished watching Julie and Julia. I love watching movies based on real events. I find them inspiring. But I always feel a void right after watching something like this. Why can't I find something as fulfilling to do like Julie and Julia did? I feel a lot like Julie did at the beginning of the movie when she's sitting with her "cob salad friends".
I also find that I'm inspired by almost everything I watch and instead of letting it be my muse to my own passions, I take on the passions of what I see. For example, watching Julie and Julia made me want to write my own cooking blog. Sure I'd make it my own by making gluten free dishes. But it's been done, it's not original or exciting and really doubtful that it would have that amazing of a following.
There are more ways I relate to Julie. A few years ago I had began writing my own book and never finished. I struggle with, much like Julie, the inability to finish what I've started. Having deadlines and goals, can be very beneficial; just like Julie did with the 365 days for making all of Julia's recipes. So, being like her, I thought of doing something similar, but got worried about life getting in the way. With a toddler demanding most of my time (unlike Julie), a commitment with a time constraint seems daunting.
I've contemplated making Julia's recipes and, whenever needed to, to make them gluten free. Or to find another cookbook to follow, maybe by the infamous Chef Ramsy or Wolfgang Puck.
It would be fun and exciting. But still can't get over how daunting the responsibility of posting can be.
I might still attempt it. We shall see.
For now, I'll leave you with some more gluten-free information. I'm excited to see a lot more restaurants being conscious of the need for gluten-free options. So here are a few of the gluten free options at some restaurants (Please note that cross-contamination is possible):
Boston Pizza: offers their "Gluten-Wise" pizza crust
The Spaghetti Factory: offers a gluten-free pasta for an additional cost
Hero Certified Burger: offers a gluten free bun also for an additional cost
Milestones: has a section in their menu for their gluten-free dishes
Bon Apetit!
[in-spahyuh r]
to influence or impel
I've just finished watching Julie and Julia. I love watching movies based on real events. I find them inspiring. But I always feel a void right after watching something like this. Why can't I find something as fulfilling to do like Julie and Julia did? I feel a lot like Julie did at the beginning of the movie when she's sitting with her "cob salad friends".
I also find that I'm inspired by almost everything I watch and instead of letting it be my muse to my own passions, I take on the passions of what I see. For example, watching Julie and Julia made me want to write my own cooking blog. Sure I'd make it my own by making gluten free dishes. But it's been done, it's not original or exciting and really doubtful that it would have that amazing of a following.
There are more ways I relate to Julie. A few years ago I had began writing my own book and never finished. I struggle with, much like Julie, the inability to finish what I've started. Having deadlines and goals, can be very beneficial; just like Julie did with the 365 days for making all of Julia's recipes. So, being like her, I thought of doing something similar, but got worried about life getting in the way. With a toddler demanding most of my time (unlike Julie), a commitment with a time constraint seems daunting.
I've contemplated making Julia's recipes and, whenever needed to, to make them gluten free. Or to find another cookbook to follow, maybe by the infamous Chef Ramsy or Wolfgang Puck.
It would be fun and exciting. But still can't get over how daunting the responsibility of posting can be.
I might still attempt it. We shall see.
For now, I'll leave you with some more gluten-free information. I'm excited to see a lot more restaurants being conscious of the need for gluten-free options. So here are a few of the gluten free options at some restaurants (Please note that cross-contamination is possible):
Boston Pizza: offers their "Gluten-Wise" pizza crust
The Spaghetti Factory: offers a gluten-free pasta for an additional cost
Hero Certified Burger: offers a gluten free bun also for an additional cost
Milestones: has a section in their menu for their gluten-free dishes
Bon Apetit!
No comments:
Post a Comment